ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs the overall manufacturing effort of the organization through the coordination and management of manufacturing, quality assurance, purchasing, and continuous improvement.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the manufacturing functions of the Lebanon plant.
- Direct the overall manufacturing effort of the organization with the coordination of all departments that directly affect manufacturing in order to maintain operational efficiency.
- Plans, develops and implements organization policies and goals.
- Analyzes division or department budget requests to identify areas in which reductions can be made and allocates operating budget.
- Confers with administrative personnel and reviews activity, operating, and sales reports to determine changes in programs or operations required.
- Directs preparation of directives to division or department administrator outlining policy, program, or operations changes to be implemented.
- Promotes organization in industry, manufacturing or trade associations.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Responsible for the strategy and long-term planning of the manufacturing operations to ensure continued success in meeting customer expectations.
- Direct and plan the operational efforts of the manufacturing departments to ensure compliance with company policies and practices in areas such as safety, TS, ISO as well as any necessary regulatory compliance.
- Work with sales and materials planning groups to ensure customer satisfaction relative to delivery schedules and commitments.
- Determines needs for necessary capital equipment for both the operations as well as support equipment and facilities.
- Develop plans and strategies for ensuring the efficient use of materials, machines and human resources.
- Review production costs and product quality and modify production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operation of division.
- Benchmark operations of competing organizations and devise plans to incorporate appropriate technologies, processes and procedures to improve the business.
- Supervises …
- Communicates daily updates
- Completes performance evaluations
- Conducts coaching and disciplinary sessions
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience– Business, Technical, Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in management in plastics manufacturing environment
- Experience in dynamic growth environments including plant start-ups, turnarounds, or expansions
- Hands-on experience and proven results utilizing Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, and Toyota Production System tools.
- Strong verbal communication skills including speaking before groups of customers or employees
- Must demonstrate leadership skills and have interpersonal skills/demeanor to motivate the staff and build trust with the workforce.
- Above average proficiency in office systems software – word processing, spreadsheets, database
- Strong problem-solving skills including the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- All required WilbertU Courses based on job title
*The above job description is a broadly-based description and is not intended to contain all specifics of a particular job. This description is not a contract for employment. It does not include all aspects of the position such as potential duties assigned by supervisors with the requirement for flexibility in helping others for the company’s overall benefit.