Role and Responsibilities
- Directs and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in materials and distributing raw materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies in organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Responsible for all inventory activities for pre and post production, including maintenance of material inventory levels, quality & inspection and JIT delivery scheduling.
- Responsible to lead the logistics and material team to achieve desired inventory levels and develop and maintain quality and efficiency standards.
- Negotiate and/or oversee negotiations with suppliers to ensure optimum cost, delivery and quality of raw materials and purchased items.
- Prepare or assist in preparation of departmental budgets, and then monitor to ensure operations in purchasing are within budget.
- Develop and maintain policies and practices relative to the disposal of surplus materials, ensuring that the processes are adequate and provide the optimum value.
- Supervise all activities related to logistics and materials, maintain inventory. Receive order from customers and issue order to Production.
- Maintain inventory levels by ordering components/materials from suppliers.
- Record incoming shipments and tract inventory. Issue shippers for outbound materials.
- Develop process procedures and controls to ensure quality and efficiency.
- Provide inventory measurables including inventory turns, days of inventory, expedited freight and past dues.
- Responsible for both shipping and receiving department. Responsible to ensure that finish products are shipped to dealers throughout the U.S.
- Manage value added projects assigned to shift. Coach, motivate, develop and manage shipping and receiving associates.
- Need high level manager with multiple years of experience in a continuous improvement atmosphere.
- Responsible for all aspects of operations including partnering with clients and internal departments to achieve productivity, pricing, quality and safety goals.
- Analyze data and prioritize work assignments to direct the daily plan of action for the shift or functional areas.
- Manage transportation of inbound materials and outbound finished goods with a focus on expanding company’s capabilities in both areas of responsibility to support continued growth.
- Coordinate inbound freight and outbound transportation of finished goods to maximize efficiency and lower overall cost of doing business.
- Properly staff and manage LTL and truckload inbound freight and staff and manage outbound movement of finish trailers to the dealers and customers. Ensure all carriers are properly bonded and insured.
- Resolve issues dealing with damage claims and missing freight/finish trailers. Negotiate contract for inbound and outbound freight. Manage utility owned trailers used in dedicated freight lanes.
- Maintain proper records to include bill of ladings, invoices, purchase orders, etc.
- Evaluate and assess logistics leaders regularly and communicate to them the results.
- Supervises …
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience – business, logistics or related field
- Five years’ materials management experience in a manufacturing environment
- Scheduling/planning principles and concepts
- Demonstrated skills in using data to analyze root causes to resolve problems.
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access and Powerpoint).
- Experience in Inventory Control Management.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to function with minimal supervision and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and a process improvement approach.
- Willingness to change and lead others through change.
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to develop a collaborative team.
*The above job description is a broadly-based description and is not intended to contain all specifics of a particular job. This description is not a contract for employment. It does not include all aspects of the position such as potential duties assigned by supervisors with the requirement for flexibility in helping others for the company’s overall benefit.