Why Manufacture in the U.S.A.?
There are plenty of companies out there who seek to move operations overseas in search of cheap production and labor. But at Wilbert Plastics, we believe in keeping our operations right here in the United States of America. There are many benefits in doing so, especially over the long haul.
First, and probably most obviously, establishing operations here means that people here will have more jobs available to them. You’ll be helping to support both the local economy and the national economy. Furthermore, when manufacturing jobs are created, it has a positive effect on ancillary jobs, which often see an uptick in job creation as a result.
Keeping operations in the U.S. can also lower your delivery costs. Shipping products in from across the ocean can be very expensive. There’s also less of a risk for human error due to communication breakdowns and currency differences. Finally, keeping the shipping in the U.S. means you’re helping to keep more jobs in the U.S.
U.S.-based operations can also save you money on both logistics costs and production time. Obviously, when a product has a shorter distance to travel, it gets to the customer sooner. In this digital age, people are not always willing to wait for their order.
Domestic operations can also reduce your carbon footprint. Two of the biggest offenders when it comes to greenhouse gas emissions are airplane travel and ocean shipping. Many customers today want that good feeling to come along with a purchase, and this is one way of doing so.
You can also better manage your business’ quality control and safety, as well as improve your customer service with U.S.-based manufacturing. When companies are located far away, people can feel disconnected from it, as well as the overall brand. Additionally, the labor practices and safety standards of other countries are not always up to the level we are used to seeing here in America.
Finally, by keeping your operations here, your tax dollars will stay here and support things here. It allows us to better work together to keep the U.S. moving forward.
Wilbert Plastics is a custom plastic injection molding company that serves all of North America. Call us to place your order.
Learn about the Advantages of Custom Injection Molding
Plastic injection molding is an easy, reliable and versatile method of producing plastic parts. Read below to check out the benefits of contacting our injection molding company for your custom plastic needs.
- Low Labor Cost- Compared to other types of molding, costs of labor are relatively low. With our technology, we can produce more parts with less physical labor.
- High Efficiency- Plastic injection molding is the most efficient form of molding. It is more cost effective due to the high production rate and faster output speed.
- Complex Parts- Plastic injection molding is great at mass production but also has the ability for customization of complex designs. Precision is key to the success of quality custom injection molding parts.
- Flexibility- Possibilities of materials and color are endless due to the advances in polymers.
- Enhanced Strength- We can find the proper balance of flexibility and rigidness for the part you need. By understanding the customer and what the part will be used for, we can create the part based on the purpose of it.
- Reduced Waste- To minimize waste, transportation, and packaging, green initiatives have taken place to recycle and take care of excess plastic. As an injection molding company, we need to consider the environment as well.