Easley, SC: Operations Manager
2930 Greenville Hwy
Easley, SC 29640
Employee Type: Full-Time
Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.)
Experience: Minimum of 5-7 years experience in progressive management in manufacturing or a minimum of 10 years related experience
Wilbert Plastic Services
2930 Greenville Hwy
Easley, SC 29640
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the manufacturing functions of the plant.
- Direct the overall manufacturing effort of the organization with the coordination of all departments that directly affect manufacturing in order to maintain operational efficiency.
- Plans, develops and implements organization policies and goals.
- Analyzes division or department budget requests to identify areas in which reductions can be made, and allocates operating budget.
- Confers with administrative personnel and reviews activity, operating, and sales reports to determine changes in programs or operations required.
- Directs preparation of directives to division or department administrator outlining policy, program, or operations changes to be implemented.
- Promotes organization in industry, manufacturing or trade associations.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Responsible for the strategy and long term planning of the manufacturing operations to ensure continued success in meeting customer expectations.
- Direct and plan the operational efforts of the manufacturing departments to ensure compliance with company policies and practices in areas such as safety, TS, ISO as well as any necessary regulatory compliance.
- Work with sales and materials planning groups to ensure customer satisfaction relative to delivery schedules and commitments.
- Determines needs for necessary capital equipment for both the operations as well as support equipment and facilities.
- Develop plans and strategies for ensuring the efficient use of materials, machines and human resources.
- Review production costs and product quality, and modify production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operation of division.
- Benchmark operations of competing organizations and devise plans to incorporate appropriate technologies, processes and procedures to improve the business.
- Performs ANY and ALL duties as directed by the Plant Manager to achieve maximum plant performance.
Coordinates activities and responsible for Shipping, Customer Service, Tool Room Supervisor, Production Supervisors and Maintenance Supervisor.
EDUCATIONAL AND OTHER SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) with a minimum of 5-7 years experience in progressive management in manufacturing or a minimum of 10 years related experience.
Must demonstrate leadership skills and have interpersonal skills/demeanor to motivate the staff and build trust with the workforce.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee frequently is required to sit and talk or hear.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Indoors in plastic manufacturing factory.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes, airborne particles and moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally required to travel in order to meet with customers, vendors, and attend seminars. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Apply by sending resume via e-mail or mail.
*The above job description is a broadly based description and is not intended to contain all specifics of a particular job. This description is not a contract for employment. It does not include all aspects of the position such as potential duties assigned by supervisors with the requirement for flexibility in helping others for the company’s overall benefit.